Support the Folsom Lake Symphony during this year’s Big Day of Giving
“Put Your Money Where Your Heart Is”
That’s the theme of this year’s Big Day of Giving, Tuesday, May 3. We hope your heart is with Folsom Lake Symphony.
Again this year, we are participating in this annual local day of nonprofit fundraising. Last year, this 24-hour donation challenge brought in nearly $9 million for local nonprofits.
Even with so many volunteer musicians and volunteer support staff, producing concerts is expensive. Ticket sales cover only part of our costs, and we rely on donations for the rest. It is our donors who have made it possible for us to bring beautiful classical music to the region for the past 12 years.
Here’s how Big Day of Giving works:
- The Big Day runs for 24 hours beginning at midnight May 3 and ending at 11:59 p.m.
- Make your donations online any time on May 3 at bigdayofgiving.org. Type Folsom Lake Symphony in the search box. On May 3, we will provide a link on this website to take you directly to the donation page.
- Select your gift amount. Minimum is $25, maximum is $10,000. Pay with credit or debit card. Your information is secure.
- Gifts are 100 percent tax deductible. All money you donate, less credit card and processing fees, goes to the symphony.
In addition to concerts, the symphony also sponsors several programs to bring the experience of classical music to the community. These include:
- At least one free family concert each season
- Student Night at the Symphony, which brings youths in grades 4 through 12 to a full symphony dress rehearsal
- Music in the Schools, which educates and acquaints students with instruments and classical music in their classrooms
- Opportunities for talented students to join a symphony performance
- Opportunities for under-served communities to experience beautiful music.
Thank you to all our donors for their generous support for the past 13 years!