On Sale June 1st
“If music be the food of love, play on.” Wm. Shakespeare
Our 2019-2020 Season
Maestro Peter Jaffe and the Folsom Lake Symphony present “A Feast for the Ears” – concert performances featuring artful and musical combinations and contrasts – blends, pairings, and fusions that are destined to inspire the senses and delight the soul!
From High Impact to being Swept Away, from the Planets to Opera Meets Broadway, this season will bring all of what you love about the Folsom Lake Symphony and more. Our guest artists are truly special ingredients that bring out the tantalizing flavors that only live symphonic music can offer.
In addition to five regular-season concert performances, the symphony offers two free outdoor concerts and one low cost special community concert this season. All regular-season performances are at the Harris Center in Folsom, California. See details below for all of our concert events.
Served up with style and a welcoming spirit to all lovers of fine music, buy tickets as early as possible for productions that promise to be among the most popular events of the region, and join us!
Main Concert Series:
- High Impact, Oct. 19, 2019, 7:30 p.m. Chris Brubeck’s Concerto for Bass Trombone and Orchestra; Dave Brubeck’s Unsquare Dance; Rachmaninoff’s Symphony No. 2. Guest artist: Grammy nominated composer and trombonist, Chris Brubeck.
- Bianco Natale, Dec. 7 & 8, 2019, 7:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. Favorite holiday music including special vocal arrangements of “Ave Maria,” “White Christmas,” and many more. Plus singalong carols, selections from The Nutcracker and Frozen, and other special treats. Guest artist: Internationally acclaimed tenor, Pasquale Esposito.
- Swept Away, Feb. 15, 2020, 7:30 p.m. Smetana’s The Moldau, Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1, Ravel’s Pavane and Gershwin’s An American in Paris. Guest artist: Van Cliburn winner and internationally featured pianist, Jon Nakamatsu.
- The Planets, April 4, 2020, 7:30 p.m. Lalo’s Symphonie espagnole; Holst’s The Planets. Guest artist: South Korean violinist Ji in Yang, performing on her 1723 Petrus Guarnerius violin.
- Opera Meets Broadway, June 6 & 7, 2020, 7:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. Treats from the opera and Broadway, including The Barber of Seville, Carmen, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Wicked, and The Phantom of the Opera. Guest artists: Shana Blake Hill, soprano and Roberto Perlas Gomez, baritone.
Special Community Outreach Concerts:
- Symphony al Fresco, Sept. 5, 2019, 7:00 p.m. Enjoy blockbuster hits from the worlds of jazz, stage, and screen in the symphony’s annual free outdoor performance under the stars in the Steven Young Amphitheater, El Dorado Hills Town Center.
- Musical Engine, March 14, 2020, 11:00 a.m. Maestro Jaffe explores how catchy rhythms propel music forward, irresistibly! In one of the hottest tickets of the year, this educational and entertaining family concert with instrument “petting zoo” welcomes listeners of all ages to the Harris Center for a performance of musical adventure and imagination. Please note: This concert is not included with season subscription.
- Twilight Delight, May 2, 2020, 7:30 p.m. Returning by very popular demand, new listeners and friends of the symphony will enjoy upbeat selections from Broadway and the movies performed alongside themes of their favorite superheroes in this open-air free concert event at the Folsom Historic District Amphitheater. Plus, the Star Wars tradition continues!
Season Tickets for existing and new subscribers: Subscribers save up to 20 percent over the purchase of individually priced tickets and have the opportunity to renew their seats every year.
- Renewal deadline for existing season subscribers is 6 pm, on Thursday, May 23, 2019. Renew over the phone or in person only.
- Season subscriptions go on sale to the general public at noon on Saturday, June 1, 2019.
For new subscribers, purchase season tickets on our website, by phone at 916-608-6888, or at the Harris Center ticket office on the Folsom Lake College campus.
Prices for adults/seniors-students are:
Zone 1: $265 (limited availability)
Zone 2: $196/$176
Zone 3: $176/$156
Zone 4: $152/$132
Zone 5: $113/$90.
Prices do not include Harris Center fees.
Come and share the excitement of your Folsom Lake Symphony!Download 2019-20 Season Brochure
- All programming and guest artists subject to change