Season Subscriptions and Single Tickets Now on SaleBuy 2018-19 Subscription Now Buy Individual Tickets
Everyone loves a good story and the Folsom Lake Symphony’s 2018-2019 season will captivate you with tales told in music: Leonard Bernstein’s Overture to Candide, based on Voltaire’s 18th-century satire, in October; holiday paeans in December; George Gershwin’s romantic Selections from Porgy and Bess in February; a puppet brought to life in Igor Stravinsky’s Petrushka in April; a collection of adventures in “Heroes and Villains,” our June pops concert.
The symphony also will perform three special concerts – two free outdoor performances in September and May and our popular low-cost family concert in March. All concerts except the two outdoor programs are presented at the Harris Center for the Arts in Folsom.
Here’s the season’s lineup, including our guest artists:
- Brilliant Masterworks, Oct. 20, 2018, 7:30 p.m. Bernstein’s Overture to Candide; Bruch’s Scottish Fantasy; Brahms’ Symphony No. 2. Guest artist: violinist Kerson Leong
- Holiday Spirit, Dec. 1, 2018, 7:30 p.m. and Dec. 2, 2018, 2:00 p.m. Favorite holiday music and singalong. Warm your heart with Sleigh Ride, March of the Toys, O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, O Chanukah, selections from The Nutcracker and many other treats. Guest artist: tenor Doug LaBrecque
- Romantic Tales, Feb. 9, 2019, 7:30 p.m. Gershwin’s Selections from Porgy and Bess; Saint-Saens’ Piano Concerto No. 2; Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade. Guest artist: pianist Tien Hsieh
- Fantastical, April 13, 2019, 7:30 p.m. Falla’s Spanish Dance No. 1 from La vida breve; Beethoven’s Triple Concert; Stravinsky’s Petrushka. Guest artists: violinist Nigel Armstrong, cellist James Jaffe, pianist Elizabeth Dorman
- Heroes and Villains, June 1, 2019, 7:30 p.m. and June 2, 2019, 2:00 p.m. A musical showcase of big-screen heroes and villains, including James Bonds, Superman, Indiana Jones, ET, Goldfinger, Darth Vadar and more. Concert goers will be treated to a special display of James Bond memorabilia. Guest artist: soprano Glory Parsons
- Steppin’ Lively, September 6, 2018, 6:30 p.m. Free outdoor performance in Steven Young Amphitheater, El Dorado Hills Town Center. With an open-air program featuring the infectious Brazil, classics including the frenzied Bacchanale, plus some groovin’ rock and soul hits (can you dig it?)—your toes are gonna wanna tap!
- Dancin’ in Your Seat, March 30, 2019, 11:00 a.m. Family concert with “instrument petting zoo” at Harris Center. The annual family concert has become a hot ticket—educational and downright fun for all ages. This year Maestro Jaffe explores fascinating rhythms in dance-related music. Complete with an instrument “petting zoo,” the experience can’t be beat! Concert is not part of season subscription.
- Outside and Upbeat, May 4, 2019, 7:00 p.m. Free concert in Folsom Historic District Amphitheater. This al fresco event is returning by popular demand—bring your family and friends! Upbeat selections from Broadway, TV, and the movies are capped with a tribute to John Williams’s iconic music from Star Wars.
Season tickets for new subscribers go on sale at noon Wednesday, May 30. Subscribers save up 20 percent over the purchase of individually priced tickets and they have the opportunity to renew their seats every year. You can buy them on this website, by phone at 916-608-6888, or at the Harris Center ticket office on the Folsom Lake College campus.
- Season subscription prices:
Zone 1: $265 (limited availability)
Zone 2: $196 adult/$176 seniors/students
Zone 3: $176/$156
Zone 4: $152/$132
Zone 5: $113/$90
We hope you’ll enjoy Folsom Lake Symphony’s 2018-19 season with us.Download 2018-19 Season Brochure
- All programming and guest artists subject to change